Crooks continues with ORICA-SCOTT for 2018Thu 19 Oct 2017
ORICA-SCOTT are pleased to announce the re-signing of young Australian Jenelle Crooks for 2018.
The 23-year-old joined the Australian outfit mid-way through the 2016 season and has gone from strength to strength this season whilst learning and helping her older, experienced teammates.
“I really enjoyed this year with the team and I learnt so much,” Crooks said. “The culture of the riders and staff really makes the team such a great environment to learn and develop as a professional rider, not only on the bike but off the bike as well.”
“This made my transition to a full professional season so much easier and has got me super excited for next year. I am looking forward to developing more and working towards my goals for next season.”
This year’s big goal for the team was the prestigious women’s Giro-Rosa in July, sport director Gene Bates acknowledged Crooks’ important contributions to the team during this key race and is excited to have her continue for another season with the squad.
“It is great for us that Jenelle continues her development with the team in 2018,” Bates explained. “After several great races Jenelle really showed her class during the Giro-Rosa where she played a key role in supporting our leaders Annemiek van Vleuten and Amanda Spratt.”
“Since then she has gone from strength to strength. Jenelle will be one our youngest riders next season, but regardless of this, she will be one of our key riders in some of the tougher races.
“Jenelle has a very bright future with us.”
Date of Birth: 2nd July 1994 (23)
Place of birth: Perth, WA
Turned Pro: 2016
- 2nd Mitchelton Bay Cycling Classic - Stage 2
- 3rd Giro d'Italia Internazionale Feminile - Stage 1 (TTT)
- 6th Santos Womens Tour - Youth Classification
- 6th National Championships Australia - Road Race
- 10th Mitchelton Bay Cycling Classic - General Classification
- 2016 1st U23 National Road Race Championship - Australia
- 2016 10th National Road Race Championship - Australia
- 2015 1st Thuringen Rundfahrt and La Route de France - Youth classifications
- 2015 8th National Time Trial Championship - Australia
Photo courtesy of TDWsport