'The Dish' - Episode 1 with Esteban ChavesFri 6 Mar 2015
In the first episode of 'The Dish' - a new ORICA-GreenEDGE cooking series - Colombian Esteban Chaves cooks the boys a typical Colombian dish, Patacon Pisado.
To view the video, click here.
RECIPE: PATACON PISADO
- 10 x Platano Verde (large green bananas)
- Olive Oil
- 1 x Onion (roughy chopped)
- Tomatoes (diced)
- Onion (cut finely)
- 2 x Chicken Stock cube
- Salt and Pepper
- Onion (finely diced)
1. Boil beef, chicken and onion in saucepan until cooked (approximately 30-40min)
2. Peel the Platano Verde by cutting off ends, slicing the inside curve of banana and peeling off.
3. Slice peeled banana through the centre (and in half again if required).
4. Place in pan of boiling oil and cook, then put aside to cool.
5. Drain cooked beef and chicken, slice into small pieces and then tear with hands into small strips. Place in bowls to serve and keep warm.
6. Take cooled banana pieces, put in plastic bag and place on ground. Place a book on top and use foot to stand and flatten. Remove banana from bag and repeat process for each piece.
7. Cook flattened banana pieces for second time in boiling oil. Place on plate to serve.
1. Place onions in wok or pan to cook on stovetop.
2. Once softened, add tomato chicken stock, cream and seasonings to desired flavour and cook.
3. Place in bowl to serve.
1. Peel and seperate avocado from pips.
2. Put avocado and pips into a bowl and mash avocado to consistency with fork.
3. Add onion and seasoning to flavour and mix.
4. Place in bowl to serve.
NOTE: Keeping pips in mixture prevents avocado from going brown. DO NOT eat the pips.