General Classification race comes to fore on Queen Stage of SloveniaSat 16 Jun 2018
A heavily sprint-weighted Mitchelton-SCOTT team hasn’t featured in the penultimate and Queen stage of the Tour of Slovenia as the climbers came to the fore today.
The stage was won by Primoz Roglic (Team LottoNL-Jumbo) who crossed the line solo, 32seconds ahead of a small general classification group to take the overall lead with tomorrow’s closing time trial to come.
Slovenian champion Luka Mezgec, who was with the favourite’s group until the final climb, was Mitchelton-SCOTT’s top finisher in 36th position, six-minutes 50seconds down on today’s winning time.
Laurenzo Lapage – Sport Director:
“We came to Slovenia with a team heavily weighted towards our sprint group so today was never a day we targeted or expected to feature at the pointy end in.
“We will rest up tonight and focus on have a good ride with some of our time trial specialists for tomorrow’s final stage.”
Tour of Slovenia – Stage 4 Results:
1. Primoz Roglic (Team LottoNL-Jumbo) 3:44:53
2. Matej Mohoric (Team Bahrain-Merida) +0:32
3. Rafal Majka (Bora-Hansgrohe) +0:32
36. Luka Mezgec (Mitchelton-SCOTT) +6:50
Tour of Slovenia – General Classification after Stage 4:
1. Primoz Roglic (Team LottoNL-Jumbo) 14:53:27
2. Rigoberto Uran (EF – Drapac) +0:32
3. Rafal Majka (Bora-Hansgrohe) +0:42
Photo courtesy of Tour of Slovenia.