JOB OPPORTUNITY: Social Media & Content ManagerWed 31 Oct 2018
Are you a Content King or Queen? We want you!
Mitchelton-SCOTT is currently recruiting for a Social Media and Content Manager to take our fan engagement to the next level ahead of the 2019 season. Please view the position description below and send in your application as per the brief.
Position: Social Media and Content Manager
Reports to: Communications Director
Location: Europe/UK (flexible)
Employment Status: Full Time
Primary Purpose of Position:
As part of the media and communications team, the primary focus for this role is to lead the development, creation and execution of all facets of community communication, including social media, as part of the broader media and communications strategy for GreenEDGE Cycling.
- Work with the Communications Director to develop GreenEDGE Cycling’s social media, communication and engagement strategies.
- Monitor changes in the market that may present new media opportunities – creating new offerings for media, sponsors and fans of GreenEDGE Cycling.
- Take a lead role in the management and execution of all digital and social media channels, with the assistance of the Media and Communications Co-Ordinator and Videographer, on a day-to-day basis to ensure they are maintained and developed in line with GreenEDGE Cycling’s strategic communications plan. Digital channels include but are not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Assist in maintaining GreenEDGE Cycling’s website assets, including but not limited to news and race reports, results, photo galleries, rider statistics and media assets.
- Manage and contribute to fan engagement via the GreenEDGE Cycling database, including writing interesting, relevant and engaging eDM content.
- Responsible for growing and engaging with the GreenEDGE Cycling online community, including database and social channels
- Monthly reporting and analysis of the GreenEDGE Cycling channels.
- Produce race previews, race reports and key news articles for GreenEDGE Cycling teams.
- Work with Communications Director to leverage media and PR contacts and develop new contacts to maximise media coverage in key targets, such as Australia, and worldwide.
- Participate in the annual planning process
- Develop new media and related strategies that enhance the organisation’s offerings
- Assist the Communications Director as requested.
- 4-5 years in a similar role or proven experience
- European or UK based (or ability to obtain required Visa to relocate)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English) and a strong sense of news
- Knowledge and skillset to use the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro)
- Tertiary qualification in Communications/Media
- An interest and experience working within sport and with elite sportspeople
- A creative nature
- Hard working – this is not a Monday to Friday, 9-5pm role. Its hours are irregular, and requires weekend and night work often.
- Ability to operate to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Willingness for some international travel
- Ability to work autonomously and self-motivate (work is conducted at home)
- Attention to detail
- Cycling knowledge
- Knowledge of various website management platforms
- Cover letter
- Approximate salary expectation
- Examples of channels you have managed, identifying at least 2-3 particular campaigns or ideas initiated, created and managed by you.
All applications are due by 5pm CEST Wednesday, 31 October. Please submit to Taryn Kirby, Communications Director, at [email protected].