MEDIA NOTE: COVID-19 Media ProceduresFri 10 Jul 2020
Unfortunately the days of media scrums, such as that in the above image, are gone for the short-term. In line with Mitchelton-SCOTT's RACESAFE policy around the current global COVID-19 situation, please find below guidelines for media activities for the resumption of the 2020 season.
NOTE: Guidelines may be updated throughout the season but will communicated as such.
Pre-race press conference:
- Where applicable, interviews will be done digitally and conducted as the priority
- Any required in-person press activities shall only be conducted where a TWO metre distance can be kept between riders and media.
- Riders will be available pre-stage/race under two circumstances:
- At the team bus, in a dedicated media time slot. Media will be required to stand external to the team barrier and with a TWO metre distance to riders. Media staff (or other staff for smaller races) may hold (sanitised) microphones closer to rider if necessary.
- At an official start line mixed zone, where a TWO metre distance between riders and media can be guaranteed by race organisers. Interviews must be pre-arranged with team media staff and team media staff available to guide them through the process. Last minute requests or interaction with race media staff are not possible.
- Media are required to wear masks during any interaction with the Team.
- Riders will remove masks for brief interviews only.
- Media, including host broadcasters, may not approach a rider on the start line.
- Team staff should be the only people with access to riders directly after the finish line before the rider proceeds to any other finish-line protocol.
- Event staff - including finish line runners, podium controllers etc - must not approach riders and should maintain a TWO metre distance at all times.
- Any rider interviews at the finish line will ONLY be permitted where an official finishline mixed zone is provided by race organisers and ensures a TWO metre distance between riders and media. Team media staff will be the only staff to guide riders through this process; race media staff should remain at the TWO metre distance.
- In the circumstances where a suitable mixed zone is not provided, riders will ONLY be available back at the team bus. Media will be required to stand external to the team barrier and with a TWO metre distance to riders. Media staff may hold (sanitised) microphones closer to rider if necessary.
- No media - broadcast, photographer or journalist - should approach a rider on the finish line. A TWO metre distance should be kept at all times.
Thank you for your understanding as we navigate unprecedented times. If you have any questions, please contact Mitchelton-SCOTT Communications Director Taryn Kirby via email (email@example.com) or WhatsApp (+61 408 573 048).
Photo courtesy of Kristof Ramon.